Community Gathering (Business Meeting)
May 29, 2016
Following the second service at 12:30 pm
- Membership Report (new members)
- Annual Election of Members for Boards
- Nominations for Boards and Offices
- 2015 Audited Financial Statement and Updated Financial Report
- Presentation of a Revised 2016 Mission Budget
Copies of the draft agenda, previous minutes, and 2015 Audited Financial Statement are available on the Information Board near the church office for those interested.
Come and join an energetic group of people who want to reach out to the community and plan for a big event - a neighbourhood party on our front lawn.
The Fall Festival will take place on Saturday, September 10, but the planning starts now! Want more information? Please speak to Pastor Sheldon, Maria V, or James S.
JR. HIGH (grades 6-8) - Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
GAMES & SNACK / BIBLICAL TEACHING & DISCUSSION
May 24 - Discovering "So What?": Reaching Out (grade 5 students invited to attend)
May 31 - Discovering "So What?" series conclusion (grade 5 students invited to attend)
June 7 - Event (grade 5 students invited to attend)
June 14 - Water Fight (final meeting before summer break)
SR. HIGHS (grades 9-12) & YOUNG ADULTS - Thursdays, 7-9 pm
FELLOWSHIP + WORSHIP + SNACK / BIBLICAL TEACHING + SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS
June 2 - No meeting (get ready for Connect Young Adults Retreat*)
June 9 - Water Fight
June 16 - Pool Party (grade 8 students invited to attend)
June 23 - Summer Celebration (final meeting before summer break)
*"CONNECT" YOUNG ADULTS RETREAT (18-29 yr)
June 3-5 at Camp Kwasind
Featuring Christa Hesselink (keynote speaker) and uplifting worship by Rachelle Luk
Before June 1 - $110 / After June 1 - $120
To download the Connect Young Adult Retreat brochure and waiver form, click here and here.
Sign up for the youth/young adult e-update at
Join Your CBOQ Family at Assembly 'Three for Free'
Theme speaker: Anna Robbins
Worship Music: Steve Bell
- Thursday, June 9 - 7:00 PM
- Friday, June 10 - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, June 11 - 11:00 AM
New location this year! Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale
6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga
Looking for Assembly Volunteers
- As you know, CBOQ's annual Assembly is fast-approaching. MCBC is hoping to provide a team of volunteers again (ages 17 to 'still willing and able') to act as greeters to Assembly guests.
- A little about what would be required: Arrive at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale Hotel for orientation at the required time; wear a CBOQ t-shirt, greet Assembly delegates and guests in a friendly manner and offer help finding facilities and/or a staff person to help them.
- We need 8 volunteers for Thursday, June 10 at 5:30 pm.
Contact the MCBC church office if you would like to volunteer.
THE THIRD WAVE SENIORS GROUP INVITES YOU TO JOIN THEM for their Spring outing at the Famous PEOPLE Players' glow-in-the-dark Dine & Dream luncheon theatre to see "It's Too Darn Hot".
You don't have to be a senior to come!
Depart from MCBC on June 16 at 11:00 am
Enjoy a delicious lunch of chicken, salmon, or vegetarian. Then, it's showtime.. an iridescent spectacle that drenches the senses in light and sound, performed by people with disabilities - it's magical and entertaining!
Bus pick-up time is 2:45 pm to return to the church.
Deadline to confirm your attendance and payment is June 5th.
For more information, call Ella E, Keith S, or Marlene L (please see Sunday's bulletin).
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 3